A piece that has been in progress for some time. As with many pieces I design, the original component was done months ago. I made bunches and then played with layouts, settling on this join which adds a lot of texture and shows off the geometric nature.
While cruising this March, the double layered central part was designed with the intent of having baubly bits hanging from between the two elements. I'm ever mindful of part repeatability for kits, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and go with a pretty little lampwork bead I picked up from Bellisimo Beads in Australia. I'll worry about the kitting aspect of the project later.
I was lucky enough to have design consultations along the way with Liz, Jean, Kate and Dustin and I'm quite enamored with what we all worked out together. Kate always has me thinking about connections, and I'm pretty happy with this tab/ chain/ hook solution.
I love the gunmetal chain that compliments the dark silver beads and is an elegant addition to the overall design. And I'm glad to be finished! On number two I will be using bronze chain and fine tuning a couple of small design details. It is usually the third sample that has me ready to write directions.
I am going to go bask in the glow of having this one done before I contemplate the next sample and the next design.