Sunday, December 31, 2000

Bead and Button was stellar

Visiting with so many friends, perhaps one of the best parts of Bead and Button, that and all the beautiful work.

Yesterdays Aurelia class was wonderful with many of the folks I see year after year taking the class.

There was Mary Ann and Ellen and Bonita, and new friends Anna and Judith and Marty and Yvonne and Donna and Jane, Kathy King of bead quill fame and friend Kimberly. Everyone did such a beautiful job.

Here's Ellen



And Anna



Ellen has been taking my classes for a long time and Anna and I were Facebook friends and now in person friends. The world is changed by the connections we now make so easily. A beader in Israel connects with a beader in California and they meet in Milwaukee.

Four beaders in Germany make a connection with me on-line and a beader in England comes to there attention through my blog and fast friendships are made.

Four North Carolina girls befriend me while I'm living there and they know the wired art girls, my dear friends.

I meet a beader in a class in Atlanta, she becomes a friend, she gets to know Kate in the blog world, we attend the seed bead summit together, and she comes to Milwaukee for a visit, exchanging big hugs with Huib (they're both Dutch) but I didn't know they knew each other.

I was invited to lunch in Patonga Australia by Sue who had hosted Andrea Guarino. We talked about our lovely time there.

I was so struck this time by the connections that the bead world affords me.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: