Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ganesha's travels

Or lack there of.  Seems that I am hunkered down inside these days.  We did go for a short ocean walk yesterday morning, but between workload and weather   (heat and humidity that we're not used to) we've been staying in.

I'm using the new bead chair daily and have almost finished a second Vienna.  I try to always make a second before sending a first one off for a sample.  Even with the best notes and photos, it's easy to miss a step if you don't have a sample in hand.

I've also started a  Helix bangle from the special pre-order pages of the Contemporary Geometric Beadwork book.   

From the Facebook page, it is described as

An exciting new book in process by Kate McKinnon and Jean Power, with Christina Vandervlist, Dustin Wedekind and Gabriella van Diepen. The theme of the book is geometric form, and even advanced beaders will find new ideas and inspiration.

 Pre-order your copy and you will be able to access all the fabulous patterns being shared. You might also consider liking the face book page where you will see stunning photos of pieces being made by tall the pre-order folks!

But back to Ganesha, my second in the Traveling Bracelets series, hanging out in the studio.




Also completed in my stay at home marathon beading sessions are ten beaded beads for a beaded bead swap I joined last year in a burst of enthusiasm.  I must say it did end up being fun, and I shipped them off yesterday for their travels to England to be matched up with their owners.  I will in return receive ten beaded beads, in my personally chosen color theme.  It will be my task to make my beads into a cohesive necklace and present photos by sometime in February.

5 comments:

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Ganesha looks very happy among your treasures!

Lisa said...

Thanks to you, I've been forced to purchase the Paisley pattern and the Ganesha pattern is in the future.

Thanks for the chuckle about camping yesterday! BTW, it does sting when you exhale coffee through your nose.

Looking forward to seeing you later this month

Marcia DeCoster said...

Ah I see you recognized my ways Lisa...sorry about the coffee...

LUCY said...

Me encanta este tipo de trabajo, es fabuloso y el resultado sensacional, le ha quedado de lujo.....

Ivanna abalorios said...

Preciosa!!!!