Friday, August 16, 2013

Seattle

I have few photos to offer you, but....I am having a stellar time in Seattle. It is one of my favorite places and I swear I could live here, but one of us in this family feels otherwise, so I have to suffice with extended visits.

This time we flew in and visited with some of the Seattle contingency who visit Beading by the Bay each year. It was a lovely visit full of friendship and port and friendship and wine and friendship and beads.

We then moved to our rented condo overlooking Puget sound with incredible views from the 22nd floor. My first evening of teaching was the first of the Simply Elegant earring, three row of cubic raw with crystals and pearls. Everyone left with a pair and lots of nice combinations.

I was sent home with a hostess gift of salted caramel ice cream from Molly Moons....swoon, it was so amazing.

Today I taught Pacific Morning Glory and there were lots of excellent combinations. I tried to talk Vivian into giving me hers but she was attached to it, and it was beautiful.




Blue zircon on one side and amethyst on the other.....perfectly done!

I barely contained myself as a dear friend arrived from my home state of Massachusetts, so my after class arrival was a reunion. We went off to a brew pub for dinner and now I'm relaxing with you.

The bead store, Fusion Beads, in Seattle hosts it's instructors so nicely, with a printout of the days itinerary, time, classroom, number of students, phone numbers of rides for the day. It's really nicely done. One block away is a bagel restaurant with excellent bagels, hand rolled, bagels with soul as their signage suggests.

Two more days of classes, many repeat students that I'm fond of....and then I get to reunite with my B and B buds, Janice and Tracy and then I go on holiday and we are deciding between Bainbridge's Church Mouse ( a yarn store) or Debbie Newcomber's A Good Yarn in Port Orchard, and for sure a visit to the Chihuly exhibit.

Yeah, it's a good life.



No comments: