Monday, December 8, 2014

I'm retired!

Well perhaps we will call it semi-retired.  I am home from the last engagement of 2014.  For 2015 I have three engagements planned and a lot of downtime.  That is what is required at the moment.

My last engagement was Beadjoux in Georgia and it was truly wonderful.  I met a whole bunch of students I hadn't met before and a few that I had and Stephanie and her Mom Monica who own Beadjoux.  I also met Jimmy Boatwright (?sp) so sorry  Jimmy.  I've admired her work, often published in Bead and Button for a long while and now I've met her, always a treat.



See that big old 'Bead on It Board' on the bottom,  it is called the DeCoster.  Deidre who  IS Bead on it Boards felt that the yarn fabric represented me well and named it after me.  I love it as it has enough real estate for me to work on my lap and keep all of my tools and beads handy.  This weekend Beadjoux had a stack of the DeCoster boards and as people decided it was right for them, they purchased and asked me to sign their purchase.  I am a big believer in the best tools, so it was a pleasure to do that.  It was also a first.  Hope you all enjoy your boards as much as I do mine!

10 comments:

bje said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bje said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RavenBraid said...

Congratulations on surviving a wild 2014 schedule as you slow down for retirement! It has to feel good for you! Although for us fans, I need a tissue ;-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations dear Marcia!

Rita said...

Now the fun begins!

Patrick said...

Marcia, I am not far behind in the retirement - from my two day a week job that is.
I hope your down time in 2015 recharges all the batteries and you enjoy yourself immensely.
have a wonderful time

Patrick

NEDbeads said...

What a FABULOUS thing that you have one named for you!! I think she was spot on - those colors and the fabric are perfect! I bet a lot of people will be sad that you have less engagements, but also really really happy for you, that you will have the time to be able to enjoy things and bead for the pleasure rather than work. :) If I beg realllllllly nicely, can I have that damask gold board on the very top, lol?!? ;)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Marcia! I know you will create a retirement with your "guy" and family that suits you perfectly.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your retirement! I have to say that I thought you had a stack of cat beds on your desk. I have never heard of the bead on it board (a bit out of touch with the beading world these past couple of years, sorry!). If you have cats, how do you keep them off of it? lol They look pretty neat-o though!

ArtNtheheart said...

Dear Marcia...Official playtime has begun. Enjoy this new chapter of life whether it be knitting, family, Airstream adventures or some down time. Whatever you do to keep yourself occupied, be happy and healthy.
Hugs, Victoria