Monday, August 3, 2020

Over committing my time

I have figured out part of my issue  with too many makes and it's that I totally underestimate the time!  

Let's just start with an example.   We're having some work done in the house today so we'll move into the airstream.  Work starts around 9:30, ends maybe at 4:00 or 5:00 and I also need to do a grocery errand.

So what did I bring to the airstream.

MyTula pink sunrise quilt paper piecing. 
    one center panel to stitch 
    fabric to be cut for next medallion

Ranunculus
    I've gotten to the mindless round and round of the body, 9 more inches until the ribbing

Urth sock
    I've turned the heel, picked up and decreased the gusset so now it's all foot until I get to the                             toe, 3 1/2 more inches.

Beaded Pendant Amarissa
    Third color way close to complete - then all three colorways need  beaded ropes.....

Well at least I won't be bored!  But truly that is too many things in too short a time.  Likely that knitting will wait it's turn until this evening.  Although I love to knit in the airstream so I may knit a few rounds.....

Now that I have a vision for my beaded object class I've been busy  acquiring some of the things I need to make it happen.  I am becoming an expert at one-click or in the case of Apple Pay the two click! I have a couple of more things to source and then I can begin the prep work.  First though I need to watch the provided videos as they have a lot of good information.  That should get some time this week. Perhaps I should get a notebook and sketch some ideas.  Not my usual approach but in this case it may be appropriate.

I'm also mask making which is something I really like.  It's small and satisfying.  Mark often joins me sewing masks on the featherweight while I use the Juki.  It's kind of endearing.  Little ones seem to like having matching masks to their parents so I've accommodated that request this week and will make a couple of more matching sets for a friend and granddaughter this week.  I'm not sure why mask making is soothing.  I guess because it's somethign I can do to help and the fabrics are so nice to work with and it's something we do together and it's something I do for my friends and family.

Yesterdays makes with some Tula Pink and some Kaffe Fasset.  I love the bold florals of the Kaffe fabric.  the pale pink with the little birds is for the youngest mask wearer per request. It's called Pinkerville Cotton Candy Fairy Dust!  Is that a grand name or what? Oh and the plain black in the back, that is for the man of the family, no bold florals for him.



Here is some more Kaffe for the next round of mask making this week.


It is funny that I worry about time when in reality I have nothing but time at the moment, not a real deadline or outing in sight!

4 comments:

The bad Liz said...

I leave for a week of camping on Friday and I am seriously thinking of taking my featherweight machine. I have cut out about 80 caps to sew and I know I can do that and more while camping. And I would like to do another 60 or more masks. Am I insane or what? Yes, I do know the answer!

Michelle Mach said...

Gretchen Rubin, an author/podcaster I admire, has often remarked that people tend to overestimate what they can do in an hour or day but underestimate what they can do in a month or year. I find this is true for me, not that it stops me from making an ambitious to-do list!

Marcia DeCoster said...

That’s an interesting perspective Michelle. I underestimate how much time I can waste!

Marcia DeCoster said...

I’ve considered the featherweight in the airstream too, I think it’s the perfect size!