Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quiet Spaces

Yesterday's Daily Om reminded me to find some solace and enjoy the peacefulness in my own space. And I have the perfect place. I only need to walk up a flight of stairs and settle into the yarn room for a bit. That is how I started my day today and I feel much better for it.

The room is a peaceful sage green color with a cushy couch, lot's of colorful fiber, many favorite knitting books and great natural light.

I've been working on Remembrance to wear to my daughter Lucia's wedding. She is getting married in July at Hakone Gardens in Saratoga. There tends to be a chill in the air on summer evenings in Northern California and I think this wrap will be beautiful. Itis from the book Alchemy Lost and Found.



I'm making it in Habu's silk mohair in charcoal grey. The task is soothing and is just what I need right now. The silk mohair feels so luxurious in my hands.



I'll be continuing to kit today and tomorrow and .....probably up until I leave for Bead and Button. There is a certain methodical calming to the kitting process as well, and I have lot's of great help. Mark even sat at the kitting table for mulitple hours yesterday. He did take a couple of unscheduled breaks, and he's still learning the difference between size 15, 11 and 8's, but he was a big help.

2 comments:

flyingbeader said...

I do understand the need to find something to calm the mind & spirit. Instead of knitting, I find solace in doing bead embroidery on a doll. One bead at a time from my fingers to the doll leaks the stress from my body. The knitted shawl looks lovely. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you are finished.
dot

coolmoon said...

Thank you, Marcia, for reminding about the Daily Om! I used it much when working at the bookstore - so nice to be reminded. LOVE the shawl. Don't knit - but appreciate the need for calm and something to calm the soul.
Peaceful beading....