It was cute….but where was it going? I thought of several bands made into a bracelet….but as I continued on, a circle of sprockets seemed obvious.
and of course the tips needed adornment, and then there was the open center, perhaps a rivoli would be good? Isn't' a rivoli always good, and what about a rivioli on each side, a different one? Reversible?
And embellishment of course…..and then since it was already pretty ornate, maybe just a simple bail and ribbon, yes! And I like it ok, but…..the colors were a little uninspired. Mostly because I carried on with the original idea and at the time the pewter and blue seed beads were the only two beads I had with me. So…..
A little color was in order…and what about an 0 bead at the tip?
I started over with bright vibrant color, lots of it. I decided that I needed to drop a pendant from the bottom, changing it from round to elongated, an element I quite like. Oh wait, that bottom bit, that looks like the perfect earring.
But first, what about a different palette? Different tips?
Spikes and Melons? And then….well I thought I put a sprocket in every other cube, but I didn't get up from the beading chair to confirm, until I realized that every other would be 12 sprockets, not 8 and I like it, a lot. I changed up every other tip and added 0 beads to the face of the cubes, because I just love those little chalk white matte labrador O beads.
And then I just had to try out the earrings. What looks fairly simple has a few hidden tricks to shape and join them.
And there you have the evolution of design or my convoluted process. I think this one will get written as a bunch of options. You choose your sprocket length, tip, number of sprockets and you put together your own…..Sort of a process/project class combined. I'm a tad bit excited about this one!
It's debut will be at Beads by Blanche in November!