Monday, January 5, 2015

Playing with possibilities

Playing with possibilities was the name of my master class but also a large part of my design process is Playing with Possibilities.  I was perusing through a box of older beaded designs and pulled out this ellipse pendant that I've always enjoyed, but also thought it was missing a bit of something…..It needed dressing up, similar to what I did with this copper necklace.  A bit of re-inventing.

I spent quite a bit of time exploring diamonds and ellipses, back four or five years ago.  This was called portico pendant.  I have a box of bits and pieces that I've created with a few of my tried and true thread paths so I thought I'd give them a try for combining with the pendant.



Number One - Here is a spirit flight, topped with a dancing light and a bezeled chaton center.  And of course the purple haze Swarovski navette looks beautiful as well, although it would need a way to capture it.



Number two - And if I wanted to go over the top, there is a layla, topped with dancing light and a spirit flight, that has a pink pave tear drop at the center, followed by a double spirit flight with an iridescent green coin pearl.


Number three - Or maybe a dancing light with a rose gold Swarovski dome bead at the center



Number four - Or if simplicity is your desire a small dancing light with the green coin pearl and no stone on the bottom.

Since I am personally in love with the Swarovski dome bead and want to use them everywhere immediately, I am leaning towards number three, but I also have a love affair with number one's bezeled chaton and the super duos that I tucked into the spirit flight. And number fours greens tie so nicely together, it looks as if they were designed at the same time.  Aaaahhhhh…..the possibilities.  Which one do you like?  Do you play with possibilities?

9 comments:

Rita said...

I'm no help, I like them all! lol

Jean Hutter said...

I am liking one the best but I do like them all!

The bad Liz said...

I have been playing with possibilities for years, since my good friend and mentor (that's you!) turned me on to the endless variations that folding, pinching, smooshing and crushing can produce.

WeaveABead said...

I love number one. I want that one...bad.

RavenBraid said...

Yep, totally in love with number one. But after a decade, I'm still not tired of bezeled stones. :)

Terry from Alaska said...

I like number one and I'd give anything to have another purple haze navette to make a necklace to match my navette bracelet.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Weave a bead, I believe you have all the technology….

Marcia DeCoster said...

Terry, am about to order a box, but you will need to remind me in a few weeks time when they arrive.

Terry from Alaska said...

Yummy-can't wait- I'm so greedy I'd like to try the necklace and with pearls that you posted awhile back and also try the number one version you just posted.