Friday, January 2, 2015

Stolen moments for beading dreams

I'm sure I've said this a few times, but my very favorite time to be creative is the quiet of a new morning, pre-dawn being my favorite.  I tiptoe into the studio, make the first cup of coffee, settle into the recliner, pull up a bead tray and if all is aligned, I bead well.

Today was one of those days.  Even though I'm 'retired' I still have plans for things to add to the website, I still co-mange a retreat, I am still teaching at Bead and Button this year and all of those things require some level of attention, so it's not all eating bonbons and pampering going on around here, but…..

I did promise myself to finally explore a bigger piece, a Bead Dreams worthy piece and to that end I have created myself an inventory of desired beads and have begun the beading.

I pressed my largest Bead on It Board into action so I can collect a lot of inventory and still have room to bead.  I've labeled a box and I'm collecting bits and pieces that might be used.  I'm also collecting the components I've been making.  I try for anywhere from one to three new components per day and add them to the collection.  I play with arrangements, take photos and put them back in the box.  The final layout can only be done when I have enough pieces.


Then comes the challenge of not only how they will be arranged but how will they be presented, what connections will I use, what focals might I add, will there be tendrils or clean edges or……Will there be crystal, will I complete a piece with no RAW?  Will I finish, will it be accepted, does it matter?  For now I am just enjoying the process.

6 comments:

NEDbeads said...

I'm loving your colors!! Can't wait to see!! I can't seem to work piecemeal myself, I always have to start and keep going til I finish. Your way sounds like more fun!!

coolmoon said...

Oh boy, Marcia. I'm busy putting together components for a Bead Dreams piece too. Didn't realize I'd have such stiff competition. Yikesers. :)

Marcia DeCoster said...

oh Sheryl, I've never done a bead dreams piece on my own, I've had two collaborations accepted, so there are no guarantees here at all. Not even sure if I'm up to the task of a big piece, but I decided to give it a whirl this year, we shall see. Good luck with your piece!

Rita said...

Can't wait to see your piece!

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

I am so jealous! Like you, I am the most effective, creative and focused in the morning, and that time goes to my dancewear business, except for weekends. I have one component I think is finished and eight, that are underway, but by no means complete. I am so very excited to see what you create!!! You go girl!!!

coolmoon said...

I've not ever even "dreamed" of entering before now, Marcia. Still not sure WHAT has come over me. But - in for a million penny seed beads - in for a pound!
Good luck! Hope you are accepted. Scratch that. I can't wait to see yours in the winners circle....