Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Owning it

I just took a scroll through my facebook posts for the last 4 months looking for a particular post (the search engine didn't turn up what I was looking for and neither did my scroll....sigh).

What it did turn up was a LOT of photos of things I've made, some in the last four months and some just memories I shared.   As it turns out I made a lot of beautiful things.  Many for beautiful people in my life.

I've made masks for family, a skirt and a sweater for a grand daughter, two shrink pendants for dear friends, a beautiful jacket in a watercolor print, a love note sweater for me, 2 pairs of socks, a couple of dozen pair or worded earrings, a linen pair of pants and top from a Tina Givens pattern, 3 or 4 project bags to contain projects,  and a new peace sign!  

That's a lot right?  


Here I've been lamenting my imperfectness, worrying about anxiety (is that redundant?) feeling less than, stressed and a tad overwhelmed about the 'in process' projects.  It seems it is a lesson I need to learn over and over.  Sometimes it just pays to look behind you at what's been accomplished and not in front of you at the 'list'.

When I was actively in my bead career and writing books, I hung bulletin boards and as projects were done they were hung up so that I could visually see the progress.  Not sure exactly how that would work with my current makes, but listing them here sure helped.  

So I am going to own, I am accomplished, I am vital, I am productive, I am creative, I am a maker and just because I'm in the throes of it, I am technically capable!




Not every day will I remember that, but it helps to acknowledge it here.  I don't love every single thing, but really that would be crazy.  If you make every day there are going to be things that you love less than others.  In general this is a body of work that I am proud of.  For the moment I seem to be in a tad bit of a slump and I've decided I'm not going to try to figure it out.  I'm just going to be kind to myself and appreciate the gift of making that I've been given.

 

Own your greatness!  Look for your proud accomplishments and acknowledge them.  I have so many talented friends and I suspect we all suffer at one time or another from feeling 'not good enough'  That's my suspicion but at least for today 'I am good enough', and I wish that feeling for your as well.  If you're my facebook friend or instagram friend (beadknitsew) then shout it out!  I want to celebrate your greatness.

Here's my practice....my striped socks are adorable, my double craw unit has sublime colors, my kindness and gratitude earrings have whimsical drawings, my painted lady cabachon is very artistically finished. What are you proud of? 














2 comments:

Julia said...

Everything is so beautiful!! I wish I had tour talent!! Thank you for sharing!

MitziM said...

You are so very creative & talented. Your FB shares always bring me joy!