Monday, July 13, 2020

Ranunculus, Tula Pink and a mini outing

I started last week listing the makes in progress and now I've added one  Last year while summer traveling in the airstream I made a Ranunculus out of Kestrel linen from Quince and Co.  It turnsout to be one of my favorite sweaters to wear, so......I bought some more in a pale aqua and last night I cast it on!  Added to the pile of makes in progress.

It's shown here with a shawl over it, so you can't see the beautiful yoke detail, but you can see the beautiful color and drape of the linen.


Since I've become enamored with everything Tula Pink I pre-orderd 1/2 yard cuts of her new true colors collection and they've arrived.  I cut up a few pieces of  yardage to make some masks for the grandkids and matching masks for her mom but I am going to savor the rest until I settle on a quilt top.  This one I will make on the machine and I am leaning towards Tabby Mountain which is a free pattern on Tula's site.


We're off on a mini vacation, self contained in our airstream.  I cooked quite a bit and stocked the fridge with ready made meals so the time spent will be on optimum relaxing.  I'll share some photos of our week!  I love to create mini vignettes in the airstream and relax surrounded by some of my favorite things, while working on knitting, beading (there's a new design coming into being, more about that this week) and stitching on my Tula Pink English Paper Piecing quilt top.  I believe the change of scenery will serve me well!


No comments: