Tuesday, December 11, 2012

felted ball necklace

An easy and crazy fun to do necklace for a little girl who is in love with necklaces.



I strung a really long length of double 6 lb fire line, and added a stop bead to one end.  I pierced the first felted ball, alternated a few size 6 and size 11 seed beads and pierced the next ball.  A few striped lampwork disks added to the whimsicalness (I'm pretty sure that is not a word, but it should be), oh and a plastic owl or two.  Once I had the right length, I went back through the first stop bead and felted ball.

Then I did some random embellishments on a ball and passed through the seeds to the next ball.  The most fun was coming up a pattern for each ball.  I left a few plain so as not to overwhelm, and not seen here, but I did add alphabet beads which spell Malayna.  

I'm pretty sure she's going to like it...I'll let you know!

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very cute, love it!

Nancy said...

Adorable! What FUN! 8)

newbeader said...

A cute necklace for a very cute little girl!
Irina

Marcia DeCoster said...

Thanks Nancy and Kimberly and Irina! Always nice to have folks comment, I appreciate it.

SCHMÜCKLICH said...

Very sweet and juicy. I love it! A wonderful idea!
Greetings
Ulrike

Helen said...

Marcia what an absolutely lovely neckpiece. Hope to see it modelled.

Thelma said...

Es encantador!

Thelma said...

Es encantador!

Thelma said...

Es encantador!