Saturday, November 29, 2014

Once again because they are so good, Vanishing oatmeal cookies!

I first posted this in 2010, but rather then linking back I thought I'd just give you the recipe once again because it's so good.

The best part is I almost always have the ingredients on hand, even when I'm desperate and can barely pull together a meal, much less a dessert, I usually have sugar, flour, egg, oatmeal and some form of nuts.  Making this the go to recipe when I am craving something sweet and did not plan in advance.  I hardly ever plan sweet in advance as I've struggled with weight my entire life and therefore don't usually have trigger foods in the cupboard.

Tonight I had to use the leftover pecans from the butternut squash, black rice salad.

So here it is….

The best ever oatmeal cookies!

As promised, I thought you might all like this recipe. They are called 'vanishing oatmeal cookies' well actually they are called 'vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies' but since I don't happen to like raisins in my oatmeal cookies I leave them out. You know how when the lights not good and you think the raisins are chocolate chips and then you get all disappointed because they're not they're raisins, me too...

Vanishing Oatmeal Walnut Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 c granulated sugar
2 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups uncooked oatmeal

and my own personal addition 1/3 c crushed walnuts


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt. Stir in oats and in my case walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen.

These are buttery crisp, not soft and chewy. They are really really good. You might want to make a 1/2 recipe, or share with your co-workers or neighbors or knitting circle as the case may be.

1 comment:

cl said...

Hi Christiane again ))
c is for cup (how much for a cartesian frenche beader ? grammes if possible)

tsp ? a little bit you take between thumb and index ?
thanks !!