Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bead Mats!

Here I am in San Francisco, where the weather is absolutely beautiful and today I get ready for Beading by the Bay's inaugural event beginning with tonight's dessert reception and Swarovski presentation. Throughout the day, beaders will be arriving, many I've known through the years, and some I'll be meeting for the first time. And then Jean and Maggie will arrive and my dear friend Susan, owner of the Beading Frenzy, who is co-hosting the event with me, and it's going to be so good!

A while back when I taught my knitting/sewing friends to bead, they decided a portable mat was needed to transport their beads. Judy, the sewer amongst us, took our input and came up with a fun and useful mat which rolls up to contain a project box, and has interior pockets to store your needles, scissors and some tubes of beads. A strap threads it's way through your fireline or wild fire spool to keep it handy.

Well, this was such a great beading mat, that Judy did the first production run with her excellent choice of fabrics! They will be for sale at Beading by the Bay, but we plan on making them available to everyone else soon! I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime, go have a look! They are too darn cute, I like each one better then the next, and although I already own one, I'm thinking I made need a second.....

4 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

I'd love one!! I hope you have a few left over for next weekend!

Katie said...

Yay! You KNOW I'm getting one of those babies!

Pastiche said...

These are gorgeous, any chance of you bringing some to Australia later in year...please please, please

Michelle said...

Thanks for the link...these are fantastic!
Bead Happy!
Michelle