Thursday, March 18, 2010

A love affair with lace knitting...

Yep, another laceknit on the needles. I fell in love with a triangular shawl that Lisa had at Beading by the Bay and was all set to search out some great yarn, but.....I walked into the Grove, greeted by the new issue of Vogue Knitting, and being as easily influenced as I am


...I fell in love with this summer wrap done in cotton.....


in this beautiful Lousia Harding pale aqua


I've had a bit of a struggle with the pattern, first off, it reads right left, and then left right on the wrong side rows, you need to notice that. Secondly doing a yarn over after a purl is a little trickier, but I think I have it all managed now. There is much beading to be done however, so this beautiful stole will see a few rows of morning knitting here and there.

4 comments:

Mikki said...

Marcia, the problem with posting about knitting is....you make me want to pick up my needles and I just don't have the time. You have actually inspired me to design some knitted articles again but I don't actually have time to knit them....lol!

Lisa said...

LOVE the pattern! I'm off tomorrow to find the new Vogue, darn you!!

Lisa said...

Well, let me be the 2nd Lisa to say that I love that pattern too! Love that pale aqua too!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous color! I've been hooked on this same aqua this spring. Can't wait to see the finished piece.
Bead Happy (or Knit!)
Michelle