Monday, January 7, 2013

Lost and Found!

It was cold this morning, well by Southern California standards, 46 degrees.  I wanted to finish an early morning walk so I could get right to work, so with no sun to warm me I reached into the closet for a warm fleece.  Once I haven't worn since a winter in North Carolina, which was in 2008.

I reached into the pocket and found my favorite ever Mrs. Beetons wrist warmers that I had given up on ever finding long ago!  



If you are a knitter you can find the pattern here.  The original calls for the mohair on top and the worsted weight on the bottom, but I changed that up.  The fussiest part is adding the beads to the cast on across double pointed needles, after that they are pretty easy.

I'm so happy to have them again!  I'll be wearing them to Chicago this weekend, where I just heard that by Friday temps may be in the 50's.....which is nice I suppose but I was looking forward to the cold.  I promised Mary that I would not wish for snow since that makes it hard for everyone to get to class.

I'll be at City Beads for the first time, but I've known Lisa for a good while now and and am looking forward to being with her and in her store.  In fact there are all kinds of lovely people in Chicago I look forward to seeing!

5 comments:

Just Beady Jules said...

Marcia, the wrist warmers are so cute. I think it will be a great for my niece in Chicago...Looks like I'm goint to have to pull out my knitting needles..Glad you found them....thanks for sharing.

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Those are adorable, I'm glad you found them! I really need to make the other one for the pair I started last year...

Marcia DeCoster said...

swws - single wrist warmer syndrome - same as single sock syndrom, single earring syndrome.....

LUCY said...

Un trabajo precioso....me encanta!!!!

The bad Liz said...

OMG - has it been that long since NC? Wish that I could bolt up to Chicago, but it's a little harder to get to than Columbus, Ohio. Enjoy your stay. You will want the wrist warmers in the evening and mornings...