Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Whimsy

Every so often I create a piece that is entirely whimsical. It is not my usual design aesthetic but I'm always pleased when a touch of whimsy appears.

This piece, designed for The Bead Within, started out as a ring until I began playing with options and decided to tuck in the hot pink resin bead.




Could it be I was influenced by the color of my newest Bead On It board? You can see it's padded edge in the background.

I've designed 4 pieces in the last week and I'm in love with each of them, weeks like that are good! Each presented engineering challenges, and each came together into a really wearable piece of jewelry. I know because I've been wearing them!

This piece needs a small bit of redesign and then it will be added to the bulletin board which is my visual project schedule for The Bead Within. It lets me know how far along I am, and I think I'm in really good shape.

Although as in Beads in Motion, I am using a variety of stitches, there are more then a few which use cubic right angle weave. It suits so many of design ideas.

I've also used a few crystals here and there...but you expected that, right?

8 comments:

The Dixon Chick said...

Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks realy whimsical, but I love it.

Cindy said...

Ooo... I love the color combo! Teal, pink, and... Are those metallic lime seed beads?

The bad Liz said...

Crystals? We would expect no less from the master.

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

really cool...love it!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Cindy, the beads are actually gold, taken under fluorescent lights they appear lime which would of course been a good choice if I had any!

Helen said...

I love it too!

Peikkonen said...

Absolutely love it! Like an exotic bird.