Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The new bed!

Does it work this way of for you?  I decided we needed a new mattress…the current one was old, but really we should have a new bed frame and well if we do that, then maybe a rug would be good beneath it, but the new bed is black so should we get new night stands or should we paint our brown ones black and as long as we are doing this wouldn't it be nice if the walls were dark grey and I really like the new metallic paints and……

You get the picture right?

Well the new bed frame has arrived and I have to say as much as I love it the quality even for a trendy boutiquey type store is not as good as it should be.  The bed I love, but when we took the old mattress and box spring off we discovered that the side rails were put on backwards and the cross boards were too low so they sort of pivoted on the center board.  Mark cut little spacers to accommodate the flaw and now we've put the new memory foam mattress on and tonight we will see how we feel about it.  I sure hope we feel good!


This is our new bed and I'm darn excited.  I love the spindles which Mark refers to as pancakes and is less enamored then I am.  Today he dusted  the 'pancakes' which made me laugh.

I've got pretty new bedding, but so far that is where the remodel has stopped.  I envision this beautiful sanctuary, but there are a few things that need to happen to make that reality.  

and in bead news, tomorrow morning I leave for Tyler Texas where I will teach a Touch of Whimsy for three days.


The lavender is a personal favorite and I love how the Polaris beads have a glow or a light from within.

It's going to be an exiting three days AND I have packed my selfie stick and after all a bead retreat is the ultimate selfie stick venue right?

I'll keep you posted!


1 comment:

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Marcia, Yes most projects seem to go that way. Add something new and that changes the dynamic so something else needs to be changed and on it goes. I really like the new lavender colorway.