Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Beads of Colour

In my bead travels I am privileged to meet so many wonderful people and this year was no exception. I can't name names, because it would be incredibly long and I'd be bound to forget someone, but there are many many people that I hold in my thoughts as I contemplate how fortunate I am to have this 'job'.

As I write the blog I highlight many of these meetings as they happen. Back in August I wrote this , but I didn't tell you the whole story......it was a difficult show for me from a personal timing perspective, but also a wonderful one. On the first morning I met four gals including owner of Beads of Colour Debi Keir Nicholson. They invited me to breakfast with them and we became fast friends.

They visited the classroom at lunch, during which point I had discovered that all three samples for the class I was teaching had been left at my home studio. The gals promptly offered to bead up a sample from one of my kits. Which they graciously and expertly did before the next days class! We ran into one another several times during the course of the two days, and I know I love these girls.

I can see that I am not the only one as I discovered this blog entry from Cynful Musings I was fortunate enough to have Cynthia in my Bead and Button class this past year. She is a true delight who also lives in Toronto. So it is with great pleasure that I look forward to traveling to Beads of Colour to teach in July of 2010. I'll keep you all posted once I have dates and projects decided.

2 comments:

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Wow, what a surprise to see my blog mentioned on your blog, Marcia, thank you! Debi told me you are coming next summer and I am so looking forward to it - I am hoping you'll teach the ringlets, they are so fabulous! But I'm sure we will enjoy whatever you choose!

Christina Vandervlist, Spiritbead said...

What a delight to turn up in your blog, Marcia! I have NEVER invited a stranger to join us before, but all four of us are thrilled that a serendipitous breakfast meeting led to such a fun time at the show. It was a privilege to offer you a small bit of support at a time you were dealing with so very much. We can't wait to see you again!
Christina Vandervlist