Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Moving Forward

Remember the post 'Do I have this backwards?' where I started preparing for an outfit to wear to my daughter's wedding with first a knitted shawl and then the jewelry?

Well as time got closer, July 17th to be exact, more folks were getting worried about my preparedness 'What are you going to wear?' I was sure it would sort itself out and this weekend it did.

After two days of visiting with Mom, Grandaughter Sam, a 13 year old wise fashion advisor, accompanied me to Smith Alder in San Jose. Paula who owns Smith Alder and I have a history, I'll tell you another time. The clothes are all of my favorite designs, timeless, classic, eclectic, elegant....I knew I would find what I needed and I did. I already owned a beautiful black Carol Brown skirt with large black taffeta flowers at it's hem, perfect. And at Smith Alder I found a simple pale grey asymmetrical top with a large mandarin neck and a sheen to the fabric. More perfection.

And then! Wandering around Danville, not even considering shoe shoppping I found these!



Hartz and Soles, a shoe store with fashionable and comfortable shoes....unheard of. Aren't they pretty? Now I'm set, well once I finish the shawl, 61 out of 72 inches knit, 13inches to go!

Now I must go to the shipping department! There are kits to be shipped....many of them and some to be kitted and a Beadwork project to be finished and some knitting to be done and some friends to visit. See you all tomorrow!

6 comments:

tnahowru said...

the shoes - to die for, i'm thinking toenail polish color...red, orange, yellow, ... must have a beautiful color on your toes. you're not a red lipstick color person, so fucia?

Rachel Nelson-Smith said...

I like

Lisa said...

Promise to post photos of the bride and mother of the bride all decked out. I'm sure you'll both be beautiful!

The bad Liz said...

oh, yes!! A metallic fuschia toenail would be stunning!!!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

You do seem to have a knack for finding the perfect shoes!

tnahowru said...

i'm so wierd, i thought about it while trying to get to sleep, BLACK! shiny/glossy black is the color i would wear with those shoes/outfit.