Thursday, July 19, 2012

Trading Spaces

Yesterday we left the sweeping and dramatic vistas of the Pacific Northwest for the 

 sunny palm tree studded views of San Diego.

The weather was welcoming, clear and sunny with just enough cloudiness to make for a a pretty sky.We returned to our back yard, grilling fish and dining outdoors as we do almost every summer evening.
Miss Maya is always well cared for in our absence, but still spins happy circles at our return!

Re-entry is always a bit of an adjustment.  This was a nice long rejuvenating vacation and getting back to things with a more hurried pace is going to take a little bit of time.  Today I'm off to an appointment, perhaps a stop at my favorite seaside town on the way home....and maybe a little reckoning with the calendar later today.

I'm contemplating some new equipment for my photo capabilities.  I think I have determined that a horizontal tripod is in order.  I have an excellent macro lens but struggle to take a shot of a piece which requires a top down viewpoint.  So the research has begun.

3 comments:

T=MC2 said...

My husband is a keen photographer and swears by his tripod: it's the Manfrotto MKC3-P02 Compact Photo Kit (apparently) and he likes it because the head can flip upside down so he can take macro shots easily, including jewellery shots.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Thanks, I did purchase one, although not the Manfrotto, waiting to get it and I'll give the full report!

Joann Loos said...

How can you leave when you have such a wonderful house? I'd trade anyday :D