I got it in my head to make the master class component directions booklet style, so all the directions would be together in one place and also fit into the box I have planned for the kits.
Which is why being a bead weaver for a living is never just about the beads. I hadn't done a booklet before and there are many different ways to do it.
A number of folks answered my plea for knowledge on facebook and as with many things there were several different approaches I could take. This is good and bad, as what I find is that you start down a path with what appears like a good approach, only to find it's pitfalls fairly far down the road of time wasted (or ways not to do it).
Kyle suggested taking my individual files and making a book out of them...which probably would have been a great idea, had I understood facing pages when I did it. I abandoned that idea and moved onto
a video which Susan suggested. This InDesigner laid out the file in booklet format. I thought this might be a good approach to control the font size and I fully embraced it.
My settings didn't match his settings when it came to printing and so with much more trial and error I finally printed a booklet with the cover where it was supposed to be, which read correctly front to back when folded in half. Well to be more accurate it did this intermittently. I would make a small change, re-export it to adobe pdf, print and no....pages were facing opposite one another. Next pass it worked.
I still have no idea as it would appear that I did not change any parameters.
My point....my point, is at the moment I am feeling very weary of new learning curves and I would like to go play with beads, or take my new car for a long spin.
But I won't, I will go purchase a long arm stapler so I can staple my pretty booklets and then move onto preparing the kits.
I'm not a graphic artist in any sense of the word, but I am rather fond of my booklets cover.
I am not complaining, although it may appear that way, I like the process of making sure I have a nice result, even if I can be temporarily frustrated by it. This is just what is required when you want to make sure 32 students have a really good experience in the Playing with Possibilities Master Class.