Monday, October 8, 2012

Earrings

There was a time I never made earrings, and now it seems that I almost never buy earrings...having the ability to make my own, in whatever color or style I want, often in an afternoon, though not always....

I have made two pair this week though, this is the second.  I love the use of the 2mm Swarovski Element crystals.  Quite a few of the colors have been discontinued but lucky for me some of my favorites have not been.  They can be substituted for a size 11 in most beadweaving projects and add such a perfect glint of light.


Here I have used the fuchsia to accent the middle of the beaded bead.  The base was done with a contrasting shiny gold, and then a matte delica was added between the spaces of the base beads.  I used the delicas as the top and bottom of the right angle weave unit and the fuchsia 2 mm crystals as the side beads.  It gives the earring a nice dimension.  Finally I added the top and bottom bead caps with a fancy headpin.  I am taking great care with my wire wraps and I dare say they are improving some.  Enough to be shown close up in a photo!

10 comments:

The Dixon Chick said...

Excellent wrapped loops!!! Beautiful earrings! Are they beaded around a wooden bead?

Marcia DeCoster said...

They are Stephanie, and I painted it bronze first, covered it in right angle weave and added the end caps. I like them!

LaVelvet said...

Son preciosos!!!

Cindy said...

Very elegant! I'm diggin' the wrapped loops too :)

Bizzy B said...

I love those earrings. Beautiful work.

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of swarovski crystal
jewellery. These Earrings are so pretty and beautiful.
swarovski crystal items are always attractive.

Arlenesfelt said...

They
definitely caught my eye!

Arlenesfelt said...

They
definitely caught my eye!

Jess said...

beautiful work, congrats..:) Designer to designer...do you have a referral for findings? (jumprings, earring posts and chain?)

Marcia DeCoster said...

sorry Jess I didn't see your post until now and I can't find your contact details. If you go to my site you can write me an email.