Thursday, October 4, 2012

Master Class Preparation



The master class for Bead and Button is not until next June, but preparations have begun.  Since I first accepted the role of master class teacher, my concept was designing with components.  I envisioned a 'playground' of those components for people to arrange into their design visions.

I called upon many of my previous designs and one or two new ones, and began the work of selecting a neutral palette and documenting the designs. 

I've been fortunate to enlist the help of three different groups around the country to help with the beading and the work is well underway.  It's exciting to see it come together.


Although the components may be familiar to you, especially if you follow my work or have taken classes, I think of this as a positive.  By working with a set number of familiar components, the focus changes from learning a new thread path to focusing on design.  I think there are times when the master class title conjures up images of needing to do a profound piece, but it is my hope that participants will come away with lots of unique ideas for doable, wearable jewelry.



I don't expect everyone to want to use all five components in one design but as I completed the fifth one in the chosen colorway yesterday, I couldn't help but see what arrangement I could put together using all five.....I like it!

7 comments:

Jamie Lubin said...

I love it too! The possibilities are endless....also....using the components, but mixing up a different color way to really punch up a focal point.....it s certainly getting my head going!

Gabri said...

What a gorgeous neutral palette!

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

Scree... the sound of my mind stretching! Wonderful idea for a master class!!! Wonderful idea period.

lynnd said...

I love your colorway on these components. What colors are they?

Marcia DeCoster said...

Lynnd, they are crystal brown pearls and platinum pearls with 378 and F457P seed beads

Lubna said...

Brilliant and liberating approach to a Master Class...

The bad Liz said...

That final picture of all items together was stunning - it's enough to blow my mind away. How do you do it......