Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pacific Morning Glory

The second  colorway in the series of Pacific Morning Glory, the piece I will teach this year at Beading by the Bay.  We are already full, but there is a waiting list you can join and there is always next year!  Usually the second saturday in September we open the retreat for the few spots left.

The first of these is a bold fuchsia and bronze
















This time I went soft lavender and the palest of greens.  Of course tied together with the beautiful metallic bronze with a touch of green.

I love the structure of this design.  One of my first forays into cubic raw, two bands, studded by crystals, hold between them the central focal point.  Given the clasp can be changed from one side to the other, the piece really called out to be reversible, and so it is. In this example the colors are pale and the contrast is not high, so the change from side to side is subtle, but still a nice change of pace between the two sides. This is a back view to help you see how the focal is captured.




The next one I am aiming for a high contrast, perhaps black and silver, although I haven't decided yet.  I have to wait until the mood strikes.  I may want to do a blue one as well, maybe montana and crystal cal?  I predict this is going to be a fun one to do!  It remains exclusive for the retreat until a few months after, but then who knows where it might show up.

7 comments:

newbeader said...

They are really great! I love all colorways...
Irina

Unknown said...

Love these colors! One of these days, I'd love to take a trip to your end of the world for a class!

Las Cositas de Lyra said...

Amazing!!!

Patty said...

I *love* this design! Except of course I'm thinking that it needs a lampwork bead in the center. Lovely!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Patty, you're on! it needs to be 12 mm....want to make one, it can be a special edition Santa Cruz kit!

Linda Katz said...

Marcia, I love this design. Is there a pattern for sale online ? Unfortunately, I can't afford to come visit you across the sea ....

Linda Katz said...

Marcia, I love this bracelet. Do you have a pattern of Pacific Morning Glory for sale ? Unfortunately,I can't afford to come visit you across the sea .....