Friday, October 26, 2012

Trusting the process

You would think that after twenty years of beading I would trust the process more.  I sometimes get into that place where a piece or in this case specifically the colors of the piece were definitely not speaking to me.  I wasn't sure about the white opal and did the steel grey pearls really go with the silver seeds, and all that beading a waste.

I know better, I really do, there are times a piece needs to be finished, the finishing touches bringing it to life.  So I persevered, I wrapped all those crystals, adding my favorite little Tierra Cast accent on the bottom with some antique silver fine chain, and then the Judy Payne tear drop center and well I must say I'm very happy with the outcome.  It may be my favorite Vienna yet, especially since antique silver seems to be my go to jewelry at the moment, and especially since the other two have made there way to shops without a decent length of time to actually wear them.

And so I present to you the 3rd Vienna


It will be getting a cubic raw necklace to replace the ribbon, but impulsive as I am I wanted to wear it out today and get a nice photo, so for now, the softest pale grey ribbon is it's necklace.

I have one more design decision to make....the chains slide through the end caps of cubic raw pearls, and with this fine a chain and little friction, they are forever sliding one very long and one short.  Mark thinks this is excellent, me I find it distracting and am tempted to make them fixed by taking a little stitch through a link, keeping them in formation.

I also finished a second Pacific Morning Glory which is the Beading by the Bay piece.  It is in bronze with soft lavender and pale green, and a tanzanite crystallized ball at it's center.  Reversible but not high contrast.  I think the next is going to be black and silver, we'll see.

But for now, I have some more Dream Keeper Vessel rings to make, that will be this weekends task!  It is supposed to be unseasonably warm with Santa Ana's coming our way, and high fire danger threat.  I guess both coasts will be on high weather alert.  Do what it takes to be safe.

9 comments:

Catherine Taylor said...

It's beautiful Marcia!

Catherine Taylor said...

It's beautiful Marcia! I love your work. :-) Enjoy wearing.

Florence Newberger said...

That's lovely, Marcia. The shiny silver brings out the attractive shape.

Logarty said...

Bellísimo Marcia¡¡

The bad Liz said...

It's beautiful. In regards to the chains moving, some persons might not mind the extra movement. Why don't you mention it in the instructions and leave it up to the leader to determine what they want. I know you probably already thought it this option. It's a wonderful piece.

Beki Haley said...

Wow...I love this new colorway of Vienna! It is so "Old Hollywood" looking. Glamorous!

And I agree with Liz about including info about tacking down the chain, but also leaving an example of how they act when they're allowed to roam free.

The description of the new colorway for Pacific Morning Glory sounds like it will be right up my colorway alley! Can't wait!

Pi said...

Hola precioso trabajo , besos

LUCY said...

Una maravilla.....

Enma said...

Todo precioso!!!!!!!!!!