Saturday, July 11, 2009

Creature of habit?

First off, thanks to everyone who took the time to comment, mail or blog on the 'Seed Beads, Why?' post. I thought the responses were most thoughtful and there was a lot of common threads, a lot of wisdom shared. And of course we're all connected through our love of that mighty little seed bead.

I'm a tad busy at the moment, what with a wedding and all.....but will summarize, link blogs and post your responses next week.

But back to 'Creature of habit',...If I have a favorite restaurant I will most likely have a favorite dish, the one I always get at that restaurant. My morning walk a certain path, my hair a certain cut, my clothes a certain color....by beadweaving stitch, well you get the idea

So yesterday I branched out and tried some circular brick, thanks Leslie, not quite on purpose mind you, I was doing up swatches to see how to best scallop the pearls for my daughter's wedding. So there I was brick stitching along, putting two seeds on the thread ladder between the pearls so it wouldn't be so thready, and then all of a sudden I noticed I was doing right angle weave! Yep, brick to right angle, I may just be a creature of habit.

The good news, that little piece of accidental beadwork has great potential and when I have just a bit more time, I'm going to continue the bead play.

No comments: