Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cappadocia

Unfortunately after naming this piece for an outing to Turkey, I wasn't able to go. But the name lived on and here is one that my friend Judy completed for her daughter.



This is Judy's second one and prior to this she had not done any beadweaving. Certainly not right angle weave (ssshhhhh....I didn't tell her that some people find right angle weave a tad more difficult to learn, it's not really) Susan, Gail and Val all have Cappadocia Cuffs as well and some day I will capture them on film. They all did an excellent job.

It's a great project to start on because the right angle weave base is done in 3 mm fire-polished beads with a 4 mm edge to give it the flair. Alternating rows of size 15 and size 8 embellishment give it structure.

We chose to replace the Terracita medallion clasp shown in the book version

with a bezeled rivoli (also in the book, but on the Twilight bracelet)



I think it's an excellent variation!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful both ways Marcia!

Unknown said...

she's a LUCKY GIRL...

hope you had a wonderful summer...
mona & the girls

The bad Liz said...

Stunning. There are beautiful pieces!

Gabriela Swoboda said...

All three designs are fantastic, I cannot say which one is my favourite. Bravo.