Friday, April 24, 2009

My Bags are Packed, I'm ready to go!

Yes, lyrics from 'I'm leaving on a jet plane', loved that song in it's day.

The clothes part of packing I have down, I pack black, with a few colorful accessories and of course beadwork. My electronics all live in their cleverly designed neoprene case by Built, easy, and there is an extra set of all toiletries which live in their Maruca toiletry case. I have packing down, except for....

What to bead, what to knit? I'm bringing along beads for a ring trade with Kate (she's ahead of me), and beads for my final 'designer of the year' Beadwork project, and beads for my next Queen Anne's Lace Sample (Tahoe retreat), and beads for a little design that's been nagging at me....are you getting that I have a delusional view of time here? Alaska is not a vacation, I'm working....but I do have a few days off....

I needed a knitting project as well, and with Satine finished I went looking for some yarn and a project, (Yes Lynne, I am going to get back to Mark's vest, I am, but right now I'm having a love affair with lace) and I found this!


On the needles, started pre-book and languishing. I'm taking it with me to Alaska, it will make for good plane knitting.

3 comments:

Rosanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosanne said...

Wow Marcia, you sure get around the country a lot. I'm exhausted just reading about allthe stuff you are doing. Your love affair with lace is a beautiful thing, the finished projects are gorgeous.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Still love that song and still belt it at the top of my lungs!

Have fun - and cute knitting pattern.