Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Power of Beads

It must be that the beads have power because in the midst of anxious times and much to do, a pretty bead is just the thing I need to calm me. And lot's of pretty beads, well....it's quite therapeutic.

Here's a new Terracita colorway, turns out I'm still having a love affair with pale aqua's and muted greens. (Coming your way soon Michelle....)



And look at these Cathedral beads, a finish I've not seen before, aren't they pretty?



And here's a beauty that I got from Heather to be worked into a new piece.



And a non bead photo of beauty, yesterdays sky with big puffy white clouds



I'm off early tomorrow morning for a flight to the Bead Monkey in Minneapolis so you may not hear from me for a day or two, although I am thinking about traveling with laptop, so we'll see.....

7 comments:

Gill Slone - Beadography said...

Wow, I love the colour combo of olive and aqua - calm and elegant yet zingy at the same time.

tnahowru said...

i love the new terracita colorway, i MUST do something in those colors!

Rachel Nelson-Smith said...

Life is good...

SaraBeth said...

OOOO! Those are some yummy colors. Will that be available as a kit soon? *hint, hint*

Lisa said...

I love the new terracita colorway! I have been on a huge aqua kick for the past few months. I second the hints for a kit. Where did you find the cathedral beads?

Also, I wanted to tell you that I read the girl with the dragon tattoo last summer and loved it! So much so that I ordered the 2nd book from the UK because our issue here doesn't come out for several more months. You know the story of the author, right?

Marcia DeCoster said...

Hi Lisa,

I'm getting a hint, thanks Sara Beth...

So, Terracita is in the book and I'v developing several book projects into kits in multiple colorways. This is one of them, so yes, it will be a kit.

Cathedral beads, a store in Brooklyn NY whose name escape me right now. Do you want some? Pretty, heh?

And no, I don't know the story of the author....

coolmoon said...

I just used those same cathedrals in my watchband - goes with everything! AND - my last bead binge buying trip consisted completely of the exact same colors that you created your bead with. There must be something in the air....