Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wanna take a walk?

It is way past time that I dust off the pedometer and get back to daily walking. When I lived in Europe we walked everywhere out of necessity and it was a nice way to live. I walked to the train station, to my office, to lunch, to the grocery store, anywhere we needed to be....I often surpassed the recommended 10,000 steps, sometimes accumulating 12,000 to 15,000 steps in a day.

Unfortunately I am much more motivated by destination walking, but there are few destinations that merit walking to from my house. So I've decided that at least twice a week I will drive somewhere pretty to walk and explore, 3 more days I will walk out the front door and the other two, who knows, maybe a beach walk or a hike, or a rest. That's the plan right now at least.

Maya is very excited about my new plan. A walk is the highlight of her day and when the sneakers go on and the leash comes out she spins circles all the way to the door.

Here are some pictures from todays walk. The pedometer only reads 3653 steps for my walk, so a slow start, but we'll see what the rest of the day brings.

An interesting cactus about to bloom, will need to walk by this again...



Pretty in pink...



I'm off to the Grove for a knitting session with Satine, my lace tunic from French Girl Knits. With not too much effort it could be done, which would be nice, then I can start my purple February Lady Sweater.

2 comments:

The Four of Us said...

I love that succulent plant! I know all about the need to get moving. Time for me again too.
Gail

Valerie said...

I'm in the process of documenting Lola's favorite walk. How about a walk before knitting next Tuesday?!