Monday, April 20, 2009

Technology!

I am amazed, and to those of you who are technically advanced this may not seem like such a big deal, so humor me

The previous post's picture, Hotel Art, was taken on my iphone, and then sent to my blog with my iphone! No computer required. Things like this totally blow me away. I started my career using an ibm selectric typewriter. When the white correction tape was integrated into the machine it was a big day.....

Stop laughing Rachel, I know that you can't even imagine the day that was true...You probably don't even remember when you stored you word files on floppy discs because there was no room on the hard drive. When you wanted to work on a document you had to get the right floppy disk and insert it.

And to think, I sent a blog post, complete with pictures from my iphone, sigh...

8 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

i can only think of the commercial.

"There's an app for that"

Beverly Herman said...

Marcia I am with you. I still have some of those patterns are floppy disc that you can't hardly find a machine to open them any more. It cracks me up to do an update on twitter from my cell phone.

Beverly Herman said...

Marcia I am with you. I still have some of those patterns are floppy disc that you can't hardly find a machine to open them any more. It cracks me up to do an update on twitter from my cell phone.

Carol B said...

I remember when the correction tape was integrated into the IBM Selectric and when all the data had to go on 7" floppy discs. We've come a long way. Congrats on having and using a iphone!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Wow - you are hip! I'm with you on the typewriter ribbon!

The bad Liz said...

How many of us used a Wang in the workplace when desktop computers came along?

Now it just sounds like a dirty word.

VanBeads said...

I can remember being a kid when my father brought home our very first computer, an Apple IIE. And then when I was in middle school, you would be able to dial up these message centers on the local college campuses - they were called a BBS or Bulletin Board System. I remember when 1200 baud (data transfer speed) was soooooo fast because the letters (all text, no photos!) ran across the screen faster than you could read them! LOL! And now we can blog from our cell phones? Has there ever been another era in the history of the world where technology has developed this much this quickly??? Makes me yearn for an old rotary phone...

Marcia DeCoster said...

I interviewed to work for Wang, didn't get the job, guess I'm glad, they didn't last long...