Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Satine!

Satine from French Girl Knits is complete and I love it. Totally smitten, over the moon in love...





I've been a knitter for much longer then a beader, much....and I can knit lace and cable and make socks, I'm reasonably accomplished even; but somehow gauge, fit, style, often escapes me and I end up with a not so wearable garment.

Which has turned me into more of an accessory knitter, hard to go wrong with a scarf or shawl. So I had low expectations for my success rate here. I was knitting gauge and had measured, but somehow on the needles I couldn't quite tell if I was knitting a 3x or a size 2. Well yesterday I bound it off, tried it on and it fit! And it looks good. Of course now I have the dilemma of the perfect outfit to wear it with....

I must thank my knitting friends for their encouragement and most especially Susan from the Grove whose gentle guidance has helped me to pick better and knit better.

And on the bead front, want to See what 10 gross of Air Blue Opal Bi-cone Swarovski crystals look like, me too....


MMMMmmm...... pretty

And here is Maya, back from a Lake Chollas walk, 4900 steps...yesterday's Lake Murray walk and ensuing day ended up tallying 11,289 steps.






She's getting ready to supervise a really busy day in the studio, really busy, much to do before leaving Friday a.m. and I'm planning some playtime with Mark tomorrow which means it must all be done today. I'm on it.

7 comments:

Bead-Mused said...

Gorgeous! Everything is just gorgeous, including Maya.

theresa

The bad Liz said...

It would be stunning with black or cream coloured pants. Yummy!! Maya looks tuckered out.....

Katie said...

Beautiful! The sweater looks great - and it's so nice when things work out the way they're supposed to...The beads are beautiful, too :o)

I wish I had such great company and such pretty scenery to go walking in...We have a group of us here at work that walk twice a day (in the mornings now because it's starting to get hot in Houston)...

SaraBeth said...

What jewelry will you make to go with your pretty new sweater?

Onye said...

I see a fabulous crystal cuff (maybe even from the new Beaded Crystal Jewelry mag) in your immediate future!
Maya is a cutie! That sweater is sweet too. Love to see some crystals on it even!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Jewelry...I was thiking about beading up some La Boquita medallions and sewing themalong the neckline, well actually I wasn't thinking that, my friend Susan was, but I think it's a great idea.

Marcia DeCoster said...

hhhmmmm Liz, wonder if I can find any black pants in my wardrobe