Monday, April 27, 2009

A room with a view!

I'm in Alaska at the Dimond Center hotel which is a very nice hotel, big spa tubs with granite surrounds, Aveda toiletries,and cushy beds....but when I checked in they were full and although from the lobby I could see the exquisite view, the only available rooms looked out onto the couryard, no mountains...

When I arrived last night the darling Roberta , a very customer service oriented young women was at the front desk and I inquired if there just might be a room available with a view (I'm not usually so high maintenance, ok maybe a little) but I'm here for ten days and it seemed worth asking and Roberta came up with my new room and this view!



Sunday was another great teaching day with many familiar faces from Saturday and a few new ones. Many fabulous Romanticas are in progress.

I've yet to see my first real moose (it's on the list of things to do) but here are the Alaska Bead Company store windows. I took these for you Liz. I'll spare you the Moose poop earrings, but I'll find some other moosey trinket in my travels. Requests?





Last night Linda, my lovely hostess for the week took me to sushi and we were joined by Cheryl Frasca of Beadventures. I met her once previously and find her delightful to be with. We're having dinner at her house tonight!

I have some deadline beading to get done this morning and then Linda will pick me up for a day of shopping. Thanks to my friend Arlene who lived in Anchorage for many years, I have the list of places to shop and eat. I'm starting out at the Skinny Raven and though the website looks sports oriented I've been informed they have hand painted Dansko's. I may get in trouble....

Jeannette facebooked that Color Creek will be another good destination. I'll report on my shopping success tomorrow!

4 comments:

Arlenesfelt said...

Aren't those mountains something else? I never got tired of looking at them. I knew those Alaska gals would get you out and around. I look forward to your Anchor Town updates. Keep them coming and have fun.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Wow - that is some view. Never hurts to ask!

10 days of teaching? Wow - like a pre- B&B! Sounds like a fun group of people.

The bad Liz said...

Since you mentioned hand painted dansko's, that would be loverly!! Size 39-40 please.....

I can't wait for my cruise!! Seattle on the 14th and the boat leaves on the 15th!!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Dear Liz, oh, I so want to come with.....but there is bead and button to get ready for, so (new topic) I loved the handpainted Dansko's but the brown painted clogs only came in 40's which I realize are on your request list, but they were loose and well...brown, so I didn't get them for either of us. I did however photograph a moose, and get an appropriately moosey trinket for you.