Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Messy or Neat?

I know I already asked that yesterday, but I wanted to reference that post because so many of you commented. I love it when there is a dialog and I love that even with my failing memory, so many of you have become familiar. I know that Beadoragami is Cindy and Flyingbeader is Dot and I love that I know that. Although I do wander out into the world frequently, there are times of isolation when I work at home, and it is nice to have this community of like minded beaders (not counting you neat tray girls, but we do have the love of beads in common.)

My Adobe learning curve continues to be tough going and I fluctuate between, I've got this handled and freaking out. Yesterday was a freak out day where not much got accomplished, but it is funny how in the night whatever learning occurred can sometimes re-arrange itself in your brain and you wake up with new ideas about how to approach something.

Today is slated to be a bead day with a friend coming for a visit. I haven't settled on a project yet, but I do better with a rote project and not a new design when I'm visiting, so the spiral rope strap for my Beading by the Bay piece may be on the agenda.

I'm continuing work on the owl shawl, but then friend Susan has to show me this!



The Age of Brass, and yes I totally want to knit this.....maybe next.

A picture from Ravelry of the completed shawl, with beads!
by Knitmo

5 comments:

Katie said...

That's beautiful! Knitting is another of the (many) things on my list that I'd love to learn! I think I'm going to stick to one new "thing" a year...and, since I have a nephew on the way and a new sewing machine, I think I'll stick to sewing stuff for Jackson Carver this year :o)

And good for you for sticking it out for the learning curve on Adobe! So many people get frustrated and just go back to what they already know...

*hugs* :o)

Marcia DeCoster said...

Ha Katie, since I bought a MAC and Corel Draw does not have a mac version, that is not an option.....

Shirley said...

Wow, that is a lovely pattern! I do pretty well crocheting, but haven't ventured into knitting yet. That is one of those pieces that just grabs you and makes you run for the yarn store. What color would you chose for it?

Cindy said...

I'm very happy to be familiar! The shawl is just beautiful, and it's in my favorite color too...

I know how you feel about unproductive days with Illustrator. I think at one point it took me several days to draw a Swarovski bicone crystal, only to realize that I needed to draw it at both the side and through-hole angles. I feel that illustrating is gradually getting easier for me with each new project, although it never feels like less work.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Cindy, that is exactly the shape I am currently needing to draw. I have a bi-cone graciously gifted by another illustrator and now I need to see it on it's end as in embellishment.....and I just don't have all the skills for shape drawing yet....but I am getting better bit by bit as well. Love your Bead and Button projects.