Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tucson

Since if you are reading you are very likely a fan of beads, then you also probably know that Tucson turns into a giant bead show, well several giant bead shows, the first two weeks of February. I have been going for the last several years and this year is no exception.

Susan, Beading Frenzy and Beading by the Bay partner Susan and I will be driving together. This year I will be participating in Swarovski's Create Your Own Style event at the Westin La Paloma resort. You can find the link to workshops here.

New this year is a one day design competition hosted by Margot Potter. You'll be provided with inspiration, materials, tools and encouragement as you spend the day designing. Sounds like an excellent way to spend one of your Tucson days.

I'm teaching two workshops, although Diamond Weave pendant is currently sold out, there is room in the Timeless Crystal Pearl Bracelet class on Wednesday from 5:30 to 8:30.





Peruse the catalog as there are many Swarovski Elements projects being offered. There is sure to be one that catches your fancy.

3 comments:

Tia Dalma said...

I dream of the days that I can make it out west for some of these amazing bead fests and shows and classes and bounty!

I will be moving to Michigan soon which does put me within driving distance to the B&B shows and just a little bit closer to the west coast!

Have lots of fun in Tuscon but don't forget about us...I know I look forward to seeing all the photos and reading about all the amazing Tuscon stories!

gah-broon said...

I think that the bead show will be overwhelming and that's why I decided not to go. Maybe next year.... hahaha I keep saying that. I'm just afraid of spending to much. Sigh...

karin salomon said...

I will see you in Tucson, am registered for both Swarvoski classes, Karin Salomon