Friday, January 27, 2012

sometimes simple

Sometimes simple is best.

The Aelia pendant is reversible with an encrusted medallion on one side



and a button on the other.



A bit of crystal swag supports a large Swarovski pendant in Crystal Silver Night.

The pendant is it's own jewel although I did want it to hang from a long necklace. Something simple that in no way competed with the main attraction. So I went back to a tried and true spiral rope. I like that it uses two of the pendant colors to compliment the piece, has some depth and texture, but provides a smooth backdrop.

The beaded bail is another study in complexity, and carries forward the metallic feel of this piece with metal beads from Tierra Cast in it's embellished center.



The pendant's medallion center is a large bali spacer also lending a touch of metal.



Since black and grey are my go to colors for apparel I expect to be wearing this one often!

16 comments:

vwise said...

Very Nice!

Évi said...

Fantastic new clothes have the button! I love it!

Katie said...

Gorgeous! And, hold on...You prefer black and grey clothes? I never would have guessed :o) But, it makes for a great palette for showing off the sparkle!

See you soon!!! :o)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I want to make one already :)

Tia Dalma said...

I love everything about this! Those little metal Tierra Cast beads are very cool...I love the texture and designs on them. Excellent choices all around...I would wear this very often!

Terry from Alaska said...

This is an awesome design!

cw whitedogjewelry said...

Wow! What a beautiful piece! It is stunning in it's color, texture and design. Gorgeous!
Chris

Joanne@Crystal Bead Bazaar said...

Beautiful, just beautiful, as all of your work is.

donna said...

Brillant and Beautiful! Can't wait until you offer the kit.

donna said...

Brillant and Beautiful! Can't wait until you offer the kit.

Jamie Lubin said...

Another work of pure genius....I too am partial to anything with black. Went down to Blanches' today and was thrilled to get the new perlen posie magazine. Your article is fab...all of your pieces were photographed beautifully...the greatest thing is to able to read the article in iBooks....and the photo of you is lovely! Keep it all coming, Marcia!

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

It's been said before: Gorgeous!!!! :D

Bizzy B said...

Great design. Love the idea of it being reversible.

ChrisD said...

Not only a beautiful design but I'm wowed by the clarity and detail in your photographs!

LoriF said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm a black girl meself. :-)

Colleen W said...

This is so beautiful. Love, love, love it. When can we get directions/and/or kit? Will have a hard time waiting for this one.

Colleen