Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Red in the Morning

Sailors Warning? Well fortunately I won't be sailing today.




Mark alerted me to the beautiful sunset. I took camera outside in my bathrobe and crossed the street in order to get the no electrical wire shot. This is the top of Mount Miquel which we fly over on any approach into San Diego.

Today we're off to Palm Springs where we will visit the Joshua Tree forest, the springs, and do a Mid Century home self guided tour.

I'll be bringing beads as I have some ideas brewing, although I'm not sure I'll find much beading time. I am in love with the last pair of earrings I did but I'm still in non sharing mode, so sorry. I'm making excellent progress as the Beads in Motion designs continue to present themselves. It's always hard for me to know when I'm in the midst of the design process if the body of work is compelling. When I can stand back and take an objective look I'm quite pleased with the results so far.

I think it's time for me to pack a few things for our outing, and remember, it's a sailors warning kind of day, so you best just stay in and bead instead.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful shot Marcia. I'm a night person myself, so I appreciate seeing dawn and not having to get up for it.
I live in a west-facing condo, so I see some pretty spectacular sunsets from my balcony.
Enjoy Palm Springs.

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabri said...

How beautiful. Wouldn't it be cool if this could be captured in a piece. Sigh.

vicki said...

Thanks to you and Mark for the beautiful picture! Who says red and orange don't go together? (I used to until watching a fire more closely.) Nature can really be an inspiration for beading!

Hope you have a wonderful time in Palm Springs.

GREATEXALTEDONE said...

YOU WONDERFUL WOMAN, IT IS "RED AT NIGHT, SAILORS DELIGHT; RED IN THE MORNING, SAILORS TAKE WARNING."

GRAND PHOTOGRAPHY

NEW RUTH

GREATEXALTEDONE said...

YOU WONDERFUL WOMAN, IT IS "RED AT NIGHT, SAILORS DELIGHT; RED IN THE MORNING, SAILORS TAKE WARNING."

GRAND PHOTOGRAPHY

NEW RUTH

The bad Liz said...

Travel safe, my friend....

Unknown said...

Oh that is an inspiring and ominous picture.