Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Studio classes

Kate is coming...to my studio. I have a lovely, large studio in my home. I comfortably sit 8 to 12 folks in an artistic setting which I love to share. And Kate McKinnon will be the teacher/artist this December 5th, 6th. She'll be teaching seed beads, and I think you might like to be here.

The two-layer Groovy Cuff, Kate McKinnon, 2009




Excerpt from Kate's blog...

Speaking of San Diego (and we were) did you know that I will be there in the first week of December? I have a beady class scheduled at Marcia DeCoster’s private studio, on December 5 and 6, and in addition to learning some neat things like my Groovy Cuff, and my Bat-Ended Screwt, and a cool way to combine square stitch, right angle weave, and surface embellishment to make a four-way reversible cuff, and Ndebele earrings, and great ways to hook beadwork to connection pieces and clasps, you will get to enjoy fellow students like Marcia DeCoster and Jeannette Cook! Can’t wait Why don’t you come and join us? I have room for four more students and I’d love it if you could be one of them!


It's going to be an excellent weekend.

And then on Saturday evening I'll be off to the Grove for a Saturday night South Park Walkabout, always a stellar event. And if you're attending class you're welcome to join and if not, and if you live near San Diego, the walkabout is a wonderful event, so please consider it.

3 comments:

Kaye said...

I wish I was a few thousand miles closer...

Dolphina said...

So do I... I miss California so much especially when Fall comes and the snow is knocking on our doors :o(

kate mckinnon said...

Well thank you, Marcia, for the mention! I am so looking forward to relaxing in your beautiful space with BEADS and to meeting Jay Whaley and talking about metal clay and metalsmithing, which I'll do on that trip as well.