Friday, October 2, 2009

Bead Unique Retreat

I'm having a lovely time meeting new friends, catching up with old (all of the Clovis girls, save one were in my class today) and generally enjoying the beadiness of it all.

All three days I will teach Queen Anne's Lace and it's a first for me teaching the same project three times in a row. But if today was any indication it's going beautifully with everyone, 1/2 to 3/4 done, quite a feat for a seed bead project, and the speed beader of the group identified early on, will be wearing hers to tonights event! Who said you can't do a spectacular seed bead project in a day. Ok, she is super fast, but proves it can be done. And to the others, great progress, keep it up, you're almost there.

I'll post pictures of the finished one tomorrow, modeled by the wearer.

And today I met Laura Timmons, who I mistakenly referred to on my facebook as Laura Timms (I so should not trust my memory) and she was totally completely delightful, fun, talented...the jewelry she was wearing..... inspired Swarovski, so cool. She gifted me a beautiful crocheted wire crystal necklace and I haven't taken it off so I can't photo it for you at the moment.

Mark is here helping which is huge to have someone help to get set up and then come retrieve you at the end of the day and help with the packing up. I love Mark dearly, and he's great, but I totally miss my usual B&B helper Liz, who so quietly, effectively and seamlessly keeps me from being scattered.

Dinner with Sherry Serafini whose work I have admired forever and I haven't gotten to spend much time with her and I'm excited because she is as nice as she is talented, and she's very talented.

Tomorrow I have Betcy Ventrella, Beyond Beadery and Dustin Wedekind, Beadboy in class and I'm trying hard not to be intimidated.

So there you have the first day, sans pictures, I'm a tad weary from the drive and the altitude....pictures soon, really

2 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

Betcey and Dustin, you lucky girl! It doesn't get much better than that.

Kiss that pirate boy for me.

Jean Hutter said...

I can't wait to see pictures - I wish I was there.