Saturday, January 23, 2010

Book Review

Michelle Mach, a published jewelry designer and writer, as well as an aspiring crocheter, knitter, scrapbooker, potter, and mixed media artist wrote a review of 'Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence' and I mention it here because I was thrilled with the thoroughness of her report. Michelle being an editor, it was well written, and I was gratified to see that she mentioned the very essence of what I was trying to do with the book. Showcase the stitches versatility while providing a range of doable projects within the different ways of using Right Angle Weave, and dispelling the fear of RAW that some experience.

And she does it with humor 'Marcia's version of these earrings are State Dinner; mine (pictured here) are Senior Prom.'



I love her version!

Given that I did all of my own illustration for the book I appreciated her reference to the instructions and drawings being easy to follow. I have Jean Campbell to thank for the easy to follow part, she is a master at bringing clarity to the written word.

Thank you Michelle! I hope you go on to make more projects from the book.

No comments: