Monday, January 11, 2010

Photography Class in San Diego!

How fortunate can a girl get? I buy a new camera but of course a camera is only a part of the equation. Knowing how to use it and get professional results for your product (in my case beadwork) settings, lighting, depth of field, white balance,all the nuances that make a great compelling photo, well, those are the other part of the equation.

And a class addressing all of the necessary knowledge for great photos of your small objects is being offered right in San Diego on March 19, and March 20-21 by Kyle Cassidy, in conjunction with Kate McKinnon.



an excerpt from his blog

'I'm doing two photography workshops this March -- these are geared towards jewelry makers but would work for anyone interested in photographing small things (coin/doll collectors, ebay resellers, miniature painters, whatnot). It's being held in San Diego California in a really swank studio and will also feature Kate Freaking Mckinnon world renown, globetrotting metalsmith, and author....'

And I almost missed it. I was traveling out of affordable Internet range and didn't get Kate's email about this opportunity until I returned. As luck would have it, she checked my schedule and I'm available and I'll be there! I'm really looking forward to working with such an expert and improving my abilities in this area.

If you're quick you too can sign up

2 comments:

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Marcia, I took a workshop with Kyle last September here in Toronto and would highly recommend to you or any of your readers who are thinking about it. Kyle is a great guy and a very patient, kind instructor, which is often necessary when it comes to those of us who don't know how to use all the buttons on our cameras! :)

coolmoon said...

How wonderful for you! Those are the exact issues I'm having with the new digital camera I bought this last summer - but haven't had the opportunity for any type of class, so I'm learning as I go (I hope).
Have fun!