Sunday, January 31, 2010

Introducing....Aurelia

Sometimes a design sneaks up when you're not looking....Aurelia was like that. I didn't have this in mind, not even a suggestion of it's final form, but it took shape one medallion at a time. At first it wanted to be a necklace, but as the connections were formed it turns out a bracelet was in the works! I like bracelets because I get to visually enjoy them myself.



A close up


Unfortunately this one will be enjoyed until tomorrow morning when it gets mailed off to it's photo shoot. But once I get a few minutes a second will be beaded, and a third.

I'm preparing my visual shopping list for Tucson, so I must get to it!

13 comments:

violet said...

It is lovely! I like the name too. :->

Bev said...

I'm drooling...

Amy said...

Wow. Wow.

Very inspiring - brilliant.

Katie said...

ooh - what a pretty bracelet!

kate mckinnon said...

Love it! And I love the process that led to its creation. Can't wait to see you!!!

coolmoon said...

Outstanding. Gorgeous. Big Standing Ovation. Oh, and did I say I LOVE IT!

SaraBeth said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. I'm hoping this will eventually become a kit.

SharDon Exclusives said...

How absolutely lovely!!! Your work is always excellent and this is too. Love the colors. Love the design...
Sharon

Susan Wells said...

It took my breath away. Really! It's gorgeous!

The bad Liz said...

Wow. Just wow! And I am never speechless.

Rebecca said...

This is so, so pretty! I just love th colour scheme, the shapes, the stitching...everything! It looks so complex; I cannot imagine being able to create one myself.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Rebecca, the complexity is deceiving, it is component based as is most of my design. You could totally bead an Aurelia!

Rebecca said...

Oh I really hope so! I bought your beautiful book just as soon as I could over here in the UK and I am still at the stage of pouring over the pages in awe and trepidation, haven't dared to try anything as yet! RAW scares me for some reason...