Saturday, January 16, 2010

Turkish Socks, Finished!

These were a fun knit, clever construction (Churchmouse pattern) and I made them with pretty yarn (Paigewood Farms, purchased at the Grove).



I like short socks, and a little reverse stockinette cuff is in my book perfect. When I do them again, because I will, I would take the needle size down to a 2, the weave on these is a little loose to my taste. But all in all, I'm pretty pleased and now I can move on with the beading which is requiring my attention!

I was pretty clear I needed a new pair of Dansko shoes to go with my socks, (wait is that what the refer to as the tail wagging the dog?) but it was suggested that perhaps a pair of Dansko MaryJanes would be good, and wouldn't you know it, I have a pair of Bjorn MaryJanes lanquishing in the closet, and although not perfect, because the Dansko pair would be perfect, they do seem good enough to show off my new socks. Maybe pair 2 will get their own Dansko's, we'll see.

For the record Kate, that might tip the count past 50....

6 comments:

SharDon Exclusives said...

50 pairs of shoes! Goodness gracious, I thought I was bad....lol
I am anxious to see what you are beading now.
Your socks are fabulous and I am sure very warm too.
Have a great, creative weekend,
Sharon

kate mckinnon said...

HA!!!!

jeanniesbeads said...

Love the shoes, and love the socks - would you mind sharing where the pattern for the socks came from?
Thanks
Jeannie

The bad Liz said...

Cute socks!!! And 50 pairs of shoes? I might have to coin a nick name for you.

Liz (with about 12 pairs of shoes...)

pennynz said...

I love the socks. I also am anxious to see what you are beading now

Maryanne said...

Love the socks, Marcia. And, one can never have too many Bjorn or Danskos! At least, that's what I say when I find a pair I just love!
Maryanne