Thursday, May 6, 2010

Are you Hooked on Wire?

You may know me as a seed bead girl, and that would be true, but man I admire those wire artists and Hooked on Wire has three of the best! Lisa Niven Kelly, Dallas Lovett, and Barb Switzer and the projects this year are amazing.



I'm pretty sure they've been amazing every year, but boy these are pretty. Barb captured a rivoli in wire, I'm in love. You get me every time if you put seeds with the wire and Dallas does that so well. And the scrolls on Lisa's piece are romantic and swirly and so darn pretty. Every year I threaten to attend Hooked on Wire, but I'm an amateur at best, and although these projects all look pretty doable to me, I'm sure they would be more fitting for the wire enthusiasts among you.

Susan Kazarian, my Beading by the Bay partner and owner of the Beading Frenzy in San Mateo has been hosting Hooked on Wire with Lisa Niven Kelly since it's inception. The venue is on San Francisco Bay just a short hop from the airport.

It's Sept 10th through 12th which is a lovely time of year to be in Northern California. And there's optional evening classes with many more of your favorite wire artists. So, if you love the wire, this may be for you.

No comments: