Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's Peonies Season!

It's May and that means Peonies at Trader Joes. Every spring for a few short weeks, it's possible to buy Peonies, and I always take the opportunity. It is such a splashy flower, going from a small tight bud, unfurling into it's full glory with all those spectacular petals.


And the bouquet in back from last weeks Farmers Market is still going strong. So pink is the order of the day at the moment.


I'm off to purchase Avatar. I can't wait to re watch it, pausing and sketching some of those incredible visuals. I am sure there is some beadweaving inspiration there.

5 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

The smell of peonies is unbelievable as well! Mine have not started to bloom yet. I just can't get enough of them. Thanks for sharing your photo. Have a great weekend. Connie

Joann Loos said...

Avatar is incredible for it's visuals! I'm planning to buy it too. So much great color, and costuming

coolmoon said...

My peonies here in Michigan are JUST getting ready to pop. Can't wait.
And I can't wait to see what you find to create from Avatar. The vibrancy, the detail...oh my.

Ann said...

I miss my peonies now that I live in AZ. Thank goodness for Trader Joe's.

HolliDe said...

Miss having peonies, darn California living ;] I wanted them for our wedding, but at the time they would have been about $15/stem due to season and availibilty and you know that I couldn't have done just a few stems.