Monday, May 3, 2010

Vela

Vela is a piece I designed for CraftEdu. CraftEdu is the brainchild of Donna Kato and will bring many on-line classs to you across a very broad range of artistic mediums. The product moved into it's Beta testing last week and I'm amazed at the talent accumulated on this platform.


This is the second of three colorways I plan for Vela.




You may remember the first




Putting together an on-line course was fun. I broke down the project into the important learning steps and photographed along the way. I also added the occasional illustration when I thought it would help to clarify a step further. Each slide contains bulleted points of relevant information as well as the audio of me explaining the step. To go along with the voice is annotation, where a circle, line, or arrow helps to illustrate the talking point.

Vela is a project where the learning will serve you well beyond the actual project. Right angle weave is a very good stitch for bezeling because of the flexibility of the stitch. And it's lacy little chain would suit any number of necklaces.

Although I love to travel and teach and I do believe there is a huge benefit to being in the classroom with an instructor, that is not always possible. People often write to me that they are located where no classes are available, or perhaps travel is difficult. CraftEdu will be a great option to experience a number of classes you might not otherwise be able to attend.

The Beta release is about making sure the platform runs smoothly for everyone, and once it is completed CraftEdu will be coming to a computer near you. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

4 comments:

Mikki said...

I think the Craft.edu lessons are a fabulous idea and give those of us who aren't in areas with lots of bead stores and classes a chance to be part of major ones. I too am amazed at all the talent lined up for Craft.edu.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Beautiful work! That is a project I would love to learn. Connie

Karyn said...

Absolutely stunning pieces as always.

I too think the Craft.edu lessons are a fantastic idea...especially for those of us in Australia who are teased with US magazines and the dozens of bead shows and classes on offer!

Karyn
Austrlaia

Unknown said...

This is a piece I might be able to do!! I am new to beading (started Aug 2009) I love your work and I will be checking out Craft.edu for this one. Thank you so much!