Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Yes I am a day late....I had a rather rough start to the year with a little medical upset but I'm fine now and ready for a little r&r, so dear reader you will be left to your own devices until I return next Sunday. Now go play with your beads!

Last nights sunset was so stunning it was hard to believe as it kept changing and getting better and better with each passing minute. I'm fortunate to live on a slight hill so this is the view from my verandah. Next year, there will be a view from the hottub!



It was right up there with the top ten most incredible sunsets I've ever seen,, which is a pretty subjective thing to say because there is no side by side comparison, but truly it was amazing! And if you live in San Diego I'm pretty sure you would agree. It is so hard to capture, at least with my inexperience in this area of photography. The sky was on fire, but then it had ribbons of carribean blue running through it, something my camera did not capture at all. But the oranges and reds, oh my!



Have a great week!

6 comments:

abeadlady said...

Even with all the beads we have, it would be difficult to capture that beautiful sunset, Marcia. Hope you are feeling okay. Happy New Year to you and Mark.

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Those photos are beautiful, Marcia, especially compared to here, where lately sunset has just been a fading from the day's grey to full dark. Have a great trip!

Azure Accessories said...

Absolutely stunning photos...I'm very luck that my home faces west so you could say I have a sunset view...but sadly I don't think I've seen anything as glorious as those photos...Ive lived here for 19 years and in the last few months I've begun taking photos of the sunsets...not sure why I didn't before...maybe as I get older they mean more???

Medical upsets can throw us for a loop...happy to hear you are fine now...enjoy your time away...I've plenty beads/silver to keep me busy!!! :0)

Cheers

The bad Liz said...

Stunning, stunning photos! Enjoy your vacation!! We won't run with scissors and we will play nice....

Unknown said...

stunning view...
a lil jealous.. ;0)
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Mari said...

Happy New Year

I wish you many blessings, health and prosperity in this New Year! May God bless you and all your love ones!

Mari from Puerto Rico