Friday, April 15, 2016

A knitting kind of weekend!

I'm off tonight to meet up with a good friend and enjoy a leisurely few days meandering through the Blue Ridge Mountains, knitting with friends, and soaking up the beautiful atmosphere at Hawksdene.

The venue is full of art to be experienced at every turn.  Big comfortable sofas in the great room are a gathering place for knitters.

The Unique Sheep team of Kelly and Laura host a wonderful event with lots of fun filled activities.  There will be silk scarf dyeing, knitting of course, at least one food related class, a beading class and lot's of good food.

There will also be yarn shopping with lots of gradient yarns.  There may be some lace weight in my future.

I will land tomorrow morning and spend the day in Asheville having a wander through the streets and undoubtedly into some of the eclectic shops there.  Dinner is at Rhubarbs which we discovered on last years trip.  Being a creature of habit it's nice to be able to return to a place that we enjoyed.  The warm spiced nuts are calling me.

It's also really nice to attend a retreat in a medium I love as much as knitting and being a participant rather than organizer or teacher gives me a lot of time to relax.  I'm looking forward to that.  Soon enough we'll be off on another great adventure.







No comments: